English with Thai subtitles
- Tuesday 17 January 2017, 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 18 January 2017, 9:00 pm
- Thursday 19 January 2017, 6:45 pm
- Friday 20 January 2017, 4:15 pm
- Sunday 22 January 2017, 6:45 pm
- Tuesday 24 January 2017, 6:45 pm
- Wednesday 25 January 2017, 4:15 pm
- Thursday 26 January 2017, 9:00 pm
- Friday 27 January 2017, 6:45 pm
- Saturday 28 January 2017, 9:00 pm
- Tuesday 31 January 2017, 4:15 pm
- Wednesday 1 February 2017, 9:00 pm
Dr Strangelove is still considered 50 years on as a true classic and one of the finest black comedies ever made.
Nominated for four Academy Awards including Best Picture (1964), Stanley Kubrick’s black comedy about a group of paranoia-inspired, war-happy generals who manage to initiate an “accidental” nuclear apocalypse, is horribly frightening, delightfully funny and surprisingly relevant to this day.
This is the saga of two psychotic generals: Joint Chief of Staff “Buck” Turgidson (George C. Scott) and Air Force Strategic Commander Jack Ripper (Sterling Hayden), who orders a bomber squadron to attack the USSR, triggering a Soviet secret weapon, the “Doomsday Machine”, a diabolical retaliatory missile system.
Peter Sellers portrays a trio of men who attempt to avert this catastrophe: British Captain Lionel Mandrake, the only person with access to paranoid Gen. Ripper; U.S. President Muffley, whose best attempt at diverting this disaster depends on convincing a boozed-up Soviet Premier it’s all a farce.
Director: Stanley Kubrick
Country: UK, USA
Duration: 95 mins