English with Thai subtitles
Plays with the short film Lost in Silhouette directed by Nittakarn Kaewpiyasawad. 2016, 11 minutes.
- Sunday 9 October 2016, 9:00 PM - 10:37 PM
- Tuesday 11 October 2016, 7:00 PM - 8:37 PM
- Thursday 13 October 2016, 4:15 PM - 5:52 PM (Cancelled)
- Friday 14 October 2016, 4:15 PM - 5:52 PM (Cancelled)
- Saturday 15 October 2016, 4:15 PM - 5:52 PM (Cancelled)
- Sunday 16 October 2016, 11:15 AM - 12:52 PM (Cancelled)
- Sunday 16 October 2016, 9:00 PM - 10:37 PM (Cancelled)
- Wednesday 19 October 2016, 4:15 PM - 5:52 PM
- Thursday 20 October 2016, 6:45 PM - 8:22 PM
- Friday 21 October 2016, 9:00 PM - 10:37 PM
- Saturday 22 October 2016, 6:45 PM - 8:22 PM
- Sunday 23 October 2016, 4:15 PM - 5:52 PM
- Tuesday 25 October 2016, 6:45 PM - 8:22 PM
- Wednesday 26 October 2016, 6:45 PM - 8:22 PM
- Friday 28 October 2016, 4:15 PM - 5:52 PM
- Saturday 29 October 2016, 1:45 PM - 3:32 PM
- Sunday 30 October 2016, 6:45 PM - 8:32 PM (New Session)
- Tuesday 1 November 2016, 4:15 PM - 6:02 PM (New Session)
- Wednesday 2 November 2016, 7:00 PM - 8:47 PM (New Session)
- Thursday 3 November 2016, 9:00 PM - 10:47 PM (New Session)
From internationally acclaimed filmmaker Adam Bhala Lough, and Executive Producers David Gordon Green, Danny McBride and Jody Hill, Hot Sugar’s Cold World is fly-on-the-wall look into the life of a modern-day Mozart, Nick Koenig (Hot Sugar) as he creates one-of-a-kind music made entirely out of sounds from the world around him. Nick lives every young musician’s dream, but when his internet- famous girlfriend, (rapper Kitty) goes on tour and they split, he flies to Paris where he grew up, to move on with his life, while hunting for increasingly unique and exotic sounds to sample and turn into beats. Through his journey, Hot Sugar goes on some crazy adventures, meets some fascinating people and learns what it takes to survive as an artist.
With appearances by former members of Das Racist, legendary filmmaker Jim Jarmusch (Broken Flowers, Only Lovers Left Alive), the world’s most renowned Astrophysicist and Science Communicator, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson (Cosmos on FOX) and comedian Martin Starr (HBO’s Silicon Valley) among a host of other musicians and personalities. Official selection of the 2015 SXSW Film Festival and 2015 Hot Docs Festival.
"You must see the very special Hot Sugar's Cold World. A music doc like no other."
- John Norris (MTV)
"A fascinating peek inside the creative process and the larger meaning of art... Quite an accomplishment... a film that has the potential to develop a strong cult following."
- Morgan Davis (Loser City)
"Yet another dynamic cinematic investigation into the life of an artist by multi-format master Adam Bhala Lough. A multilayered film that on one level is a portrait of soundscape artist, producer and DJ Nick Koenig. On another level the film is about death, friendship, silence, identity, sound and an investigation into what it means to be a true artist."
- Mike S Ryan (Hammer to Nail)
Director: Adam Bhala Lough
Writers: Adam Bhala Lough, Hunter Stephenson
Duration: 87 minutes